New owner saying hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erbs

Hi all.
Thought I would sign up and day hi from myself and Idris seeing as I've been lurking and learning for the last week .

Idris came into my life last Friday from a pet store type place that specializes in fish and reptiles of all kinds. The lady said Idris is a hypo trans morph of about 8 weeks old, and she (or he ) is just over 8inches long from end to end with a nipped tail and currently weights 52.5 grams . She is really chilled out except for feeding times when she chases hoppers and morio worms around her 3foot viv (bought second hand at the same time complete with bulbs and fittings), and I have only seen her /him puff out the beard once since arriving.
I do have doubts about the hypo trans thing as the nails are not clear and she does have golden irises in her eyes rather than being dark, but that's not important as long as she's happy and healthy.

91188-5697700065.jpg
91188-5860926751.jpg
91188-6774292392.jpg

(Apologies for the upside down and sideways photos)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons a land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles and, worry! A magical realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon?, guess again.....welcome to slavery, lol!

Erbs

Original Poster
JessPets":xuk0gn8y said:
Stop feeding morio worms immediately- they can cause impaction. Try silkworms or BSFL instead.

Hi JessPets, one if the reptile sites I read before I came across this site said silkworms shouldn't be fed to dragons before they are 6 months old so I will hold off them for a couple of months until Idris grows a bit more. As far as impaction Idris is regular and goes around the same time everyday (between 1 and 2 pm) without fail now where as she only went twice in the first 4 days of arriving (that was on hoppers). What is BSFL please ?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
You might be confusing them with superworms- silkworms are incredibly soft and easy to digest- other than their price, they are the absolute ideal feeder. BSFL is black solider fly larvae (aka calci-worms, repti-worms, phoenix worms)

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the forum!
The upside down photo is my favorite :lol: I'm sure she's equally cute right side up as well!

I did want to comment just to clarify any remaining doubts, but I can confirm she is neither hypo nor trans, but she is a beautiful little bundle of scales regardless. She appears to be a standard central dragon with some citrus coloring that may hopefully shine through as she grows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom