hello from Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulavc

Hi. First of all, i would like to say thank you to Alex from taking so much effort to make me able to register an account here. Maybe due to a bad IP, i was being blocked but I visit this forum for over 3 months and i just got my 2 little girls about a month ago and i'm still learning a lot about how to proper care them.

I live in the northeast part of Brazil really close to the beach and to some tropical forest. Here the weather is sunny 90% of the year. Temp outside between 26-33°C on sunny days and can drop to 22ºC while raining. Humidity here is always high. Even on summer.

About my girls, here they are... Dragá and Melissa.
91101-165538770.jpg

91101-8959109969.jpg

91101-7177032595.jpg

91101-2327318425.jpg

I made this in 3 days and i'm still doing some tunning and modifications. like adding a new 13w Zoomed 10 UVB and getting a better desert look instead of those rocks. The sand is totally crushed oyster shell.

The UVB that I have is a Repti Glo 10 but the reputation about it its not so good so i will keep it but will use also the Zoomed that is arriving tomorrow.

I'm really happy of being part of this great community and i hope to learn a lot.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I don't know that we have anyone else here from Brazil (that I can recall). The enclosure you've built looks great. If you can, take advantage of the warm weather and bring them outside for some natural sunshine. They love to bask in real sunlight. As for the UVB light, the 13w is quite weak. If you aren't able to get a T5 tube then I suggest going with a 26w coil rather than the 13w. The Exo Terra UVB200 is a good choice but still only puts out adequate UVB as far as about 6''. The best option in my opinion is a T5 22'' tube which produces bright sunlight levels of UVB at 12''.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Glad you were able to finally register and post. Sorry about the blocks on the IPs. For some countries, including Brazil, I had to put a bunch of broad blocks to get control of the spam we were getting. But if you ever see the block message again, just let me know and I'll adjust things further. Welcome to the site!

lulavc

Original Poster
beardie":319s4gkm said:
Glad you were able to finally register and post. Sorry about the blocks on the IPs. For some countries, including Brazil, I had to put a bunch of broad blocks to get control of the spam we were getting. But if you ever see the block message again, just let me know and I'll adjust things further. Welcome to the site!

Thank you. Everything is flawless now.

lulavc

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2jtkj8xb said:
Welcome to the forum! I don't know that we have anyone else here from Brazil (that I can recall). The enclosure you've built looks great. If you can, take advantage of the warm weather and bring them outside for some natural sunshine. They love to bask in real sunlight. As for the UVB light, the 13w is quite weak. If you aren't able to get a T5 tube then I suggest going with a 26w coil rather than the 13w. The Exo Terra UVB200 is a good choice but still only puts out adequate UVB as far as about 6''. The best option in my opinion is a T5 22'' tube which produces bright sunlight levels of UVB at 12''.

Here is extremely difficult to find T5 products.

I've changed the Zoomed coil for a JBL SOLAR REPTIL SUN T8 (895mm / 8% UVB / 36% UVA)
There is any problem in u buy a second one? 16% UVB and 72% UVA will hurt them ?

I still have a coil ReptiGlo 10 that i know is not recommended but i can use it ultil i find a solution to get better UVB. I also got a Zoo Med Repti-Halogen Spot 50W.

when things arrive, i will make another thread on the proper place so people can help me to make it perfect.

Thanks.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The second one will just broaden the field of exposure rather than multiply the intensity. If you need UVB over more space, then go for it. Otherwise you will just need to set up the basking area to get within proper distance. For a T8 bulb using a reflective fixture the basking area should sit between 6-8 inches from the bulb for best output. Since you have so much warm weather and natural sunlight, perhaps you can take them outside for some basking time as well. They love basking in natural sunlight. I try to offer this but can only do so during the summer when it's warm enough. Dragons don't like snow :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom