New Beardie Parents introducing Ellie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mom2Ellie

Hello All!
First off we want to say this site is AWESOME!! We have only been Beardie parents for about a week, and this site has already been a HUGE help! Tbh, neither of us has ever spent much time with reptiles- so this is all new & quite scary. I have wanted a bearded dragon for a few years, but only recently found ourselves in a position to add another family member.

We came across our lovely lady while wandering aimlessly through our local exotics store & something about her just stood out... When we were all still thinking about her a week later, we knew she was the one <3

Introducing, Ellie (a/k/a Spike). I wish we knew more about her, we are - like all new parents-full of questions & terrified we are doing something wrong. We are open to advice, guesses of her age, and VERY concerned about her tail & dark circles under her eyes... Overall, we love her to pieces already :)

Not sure how to post pictures yet, but here is her Google album :p

https://goo.gl/photos/28MuegZ7HpG6nCH19

Mom2Ellie

Original Poster
Thank you! I knew there had to be an easier way :)

My sweet girl <3
91090-8292790958.jpg

91090-4294188032.jpg

Worried about the dark coloring other her eyes :/

91090-3681373396.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...Ellie is a sweet looking girl, I'd guess between 8-12 months of age but might be a little younger. Looks pretty healthy, you will see dark eyelids when the eyes are closed. Her tail is fine too, just natural darkening toward the end which can look even darker when they're shedding. She looks pretty good ! :)

Mom2Ellie

Original Poster
AHBD":38u4ak9e said:
Hi there...Ellie is a sweet looking girl, I'd guess between 8-12 months of age but might be a little younger. Looks pretty healthy, you will see dark eyelids when the eyes are closed. Her tail is fine too, just natural darkening toward the end which can look even darker when they're shedding. She looks pretty good ! :)

Thank you! We took her to the exotic vet today for her first checkup, happy to report that all is well and our little Eliie is happy & healthy :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
She a beautiful girl and quite healthy and happy looking. Those dark spots are her eyelids, she's fine, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom