My new buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

613severin

Hey everyone i got this little guy last week.. was told he is 3 months.. he is 9 1/2 inches (snout to tail).. does that make sense? The charts i found online were pretty vague.. i keep calling him he because i feel bad calling him an it lol he is a leatherback and has not made strange at all. I posted a few pics.. let me know any advice.. i reasearched weeks before getting him but i am still new to all of this. Thank you. (Not sure why my pics are turnt the wrong way)
90692-797362533.jpg
90692-3732750043.jpg
90692-6461237571.jpg

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Hello and welcome, your new buddy is adorable. When it comes to size every beardie is different. Mine for example at 3 months was either 10 or 13in(not really sure about her age, give or take a month). But as long as you're seeing growth and the beardie is acting normal, no worries. As far a sexing goes, hear are two links, you can use whatever is best for you. http://imgur.com/r/BeardedDragons/s2OIALb (flashlight)
https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/ (regular)
But be aware that it may look like one thing now but when he hits sexual maturity at around 6months it might change. As far as setup goes, I'm not sure if thats a reptile mat or loose substrate. Reptile mat is fine but if it's loose substrate you might want to change it out as it can cause impaction. Ceramic or slate tile, non adhesive shelf liner, paper towels and newspaper make good substrates and they're easier to clean. Those petshop thermometers are not acurate, probe thermometers and infrared temp guns are really accurate. UVb lights, as long as they are not coil/compact should be okay but there are some reptule linear flourecent brands that are no good, reptisun 10 and arcadia d3 are good brands. Enjoy your new little guy he's super cute and good luck.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He looks really good, actually. :D
He is a leatherback with great colors! His length sounds good for his age. What is his weight?
If you need help with your setup let us know, we can review your tank setup.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom