Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinkie13

I am new here and have one male red/orange hypo trans leatherback.

I've kept reptiles for years, this is my 1st dragon however.

I am hooked. Already planning on my second( another leather, citrus or sunburst hopefully)...

They truly are "dogs with scales".....so much personality and no mean streaks(moody lol, but never mean).

I've had my boy since the 1st week of January, and he is about 13 weeks old and already wrapping up his 2nd shed.

Very healthy, and gettin BIG! I am still working on him on the salads, like any kid, he likes crickets and dubias much much more. He does hand feed, which is cool and helped our relationship and the trust.

I have been throwing a few wax worms in the AM in the salad to try and drum up interest and it works. Now, he never eats the whole salad, but he at least picks through some of it. But I learned to give him that meal 1st or he won't eat it.

Bath time is a challenge. I see many people that do it their guys love it, or some that just mist only.

Where do y'all stand on that?

Look forward to discussing!!!!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Welcome to the wonderful world of bearded dragons, a world where things are not always as they seem, a realm full mystery, uncertainty, worry, love and slavery!
If you have questions don't hesitate to ask. Keep in mind when you are thinking about another beardie , that they cannot be safely housed together.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! Gormagon, you make it sound like Twin Peaks - it's not so evil =).

As far as baths go, some like baths and some don't. If it appears stressful I wouldn't offer them at all unless he gets stinky and needs to be cleaned. You can offer some extra hydration by dripping water on his nose from a dropper or plastic syringe so he can lick it up. He should be able to get most of his hydration from his food though so don't worry too much if he doesn't want to drink water directly very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom