Meet our temp beardie Daedalus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Due to certain issues in his life, my friend has asked me to watch his 2 year and 2 month old beardie, Daedalus! He is a very sweet boy and nuzzled in my shoulder the whole car ride back to our house.

I had to make some changes to his set up - his tank was a 40 gallon length wise but height wise it was about half the height of a normal 40 gallon. He was also kept on sand, which he has always done fine on apparently, but I gave him a bath and there was so much stuff floating off him, and my husband thought he smelled like a turtle (unlike Sartharion who actually smells pleasant). He was also in dire need of nail trimming, they were like little razors!

So I switched his setup to Sarth old 40 gal with shelf liner and put some flagstone in the back cause we ran out of shelf liner, lol. Hopefully after some more baths he will start smelling a little better. He had an 18" reptisun tube, but I switched it with our 36" so that it covers the whole tank. He is doing pretty well so far, he ate some dubia and is looking/licking everything and being active.

Here are some pics!
P1010605.jpg

P1010606.jpg

Oh yes...Sartharion is NOT impressed by him...I guess they won't be buddy buddy like he and Dudley were!

P1010603.jpg

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh yes here's a pic of his set up...he saw his reflection and started waving at himself (his other tank had paper taped around the back and sides) so we had to put a blanket back there, lol.
P1010610.jpg

Here's another of him as well
P1010611.jpg

Also I forgot to mention he weighs 500 grams :shock: and I'm not 100% sure he's actually male either. I'll have to post a butt pic in the general forums tomorrow.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Awww, he is adorable! :D Let me know if you ever want to share him LOL, it's getting lonely here with Sir Comatose.
Too bad Sarth and Daedalus (He needs a nickname, BTW!) won't be cuddle buddies. :( They would have been so cute!

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He does need a nickname, I may end up just calling him Dead, lol. Yea they will definitely not be cuddle buddies. I'll post some more raging Sarth pics in his thread later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom