*Introducing the newest addition!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Well I finally broke under the peer pressure from looking at everyone else's babies and seeing all of the gorgeous ones up for sale lately. This morning at 9:30 my little package arrived with a 3 month old baby girl from JDM Dragons. They are GREAT to deal with and so helpful! Not to mention their gorgeous dragons. I very highly recommend them. She even came with a birth certificate 8)

The little girl is a Hypo Pastel/Orange German Giant x 100% Marketed Leucistic. I'm especially excited about the German Giant part! :laughing6: She's about 9" and not sure about her weight yet, but she's a FAT little thing!

She doesn't have a name yet...but ideas are welcome! I'm thinking Cora, Ember, or Esme so far. She is absolutely the sweetest young dragon I've ever held! All day she wanted to relax and lay on my palm. I'm used to hatchlings being hyper and jumpy..but not her. She's very observant of everything around her, but likes to sit still and watch while she is carried around like a princess. She has a darling personality so far...I'm so happy. So far she's eaten a little of both dandelion greens and mini mealworms. Not too interested in crickets today but I don't blame her after the excitement of being shipped!

(Her head and feet are getting ready to shed)
holdbacks_104.jpg

DSCF5489.jpg

DSCF5472.jpg

DSCF5482.jpg

DSCF5497.jpg

Checking out the computer already! She was fascinated by it.

DSCF5473crop.jpg

Check out that gut already!

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
I already told you... SORBET, or SHERBET! But you don't ever listen to me... :laughing6:

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone :D I still can't decide on a name...I think it's going to take me a while LOL.

arenaburch2000 - she is about 3 months old

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
NoUse4AName68":0e0a2 said:
Only three months? I must have been lied to when I got mine, I was told mine was 4 months old but he's like half as big :(

Her bday is Feb 24, 2009...so on June 24 she'll be 4 months. Where did you get yours from? I have a 2 year old that I got from Petco as a baby and he's always stayed on the small side even with great care. Sometimes if they don't receive the correct conditions as babies they do stay smaller and their growth can be stunted. I'm sure he can catch up as long as he has all of the right things (correct UV lights, substrate, temps, feeders, calcium, etc) and lots of food :)

A lot of it has to do with genetics. She's mixed with German Giant which could have something to do with her size.

BaskingBaby

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
NoUse4AName68":8fe23 said:
My girlfriend picked it up for me so I'm not quite sure. I sure hope he's healthy.

Oh okay. If she got him from a Petco or similar petstore...that might explain why he is so small. They normally don't keep them in the best of conditions. Has anyone on here helped you to make sure you have everything set up correctly with his cage, lighting, and feeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom