New breaded dragon owners help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredmsi

Hello I have a 3 month old breaded dragon........that will only eat dubia roaches....I tried super worms and crickets, greens no luck.....he's is really active........basking temp is 105......I notice that he has hiccups or he's coughing at random times....but he's seems fine......is he basking temp okay?? Any advice?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Basking temp is just right. What are the temps on the other side? Does he have a cool spot to go to? What does he have for UVB light?

Dubia roaches are a good staple so if he likes those, it's fine. Just dust them in a light, even coat of calcium powder every time you offer them. Keep offering salad so he's familiar with it as a food source but he may not show much interest for several more months. I'd avoid superworms with one that young. Try some silk worms or some black soldier fly larvae and see how he likes those.

Fredmsi

Original Poster
The cool side is around 75 to 80 I am using the zoomed sunglow or sunpower uvb,uva,heat light it's a 100watts it's all together.....at the night the temps get around 70 wen the lights are off

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK that's a good temperature gradient. The 100w PowerSun is a good bulb but it needs to sit about 8-10'' above the basking area to provide adequate UVB.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, that will intercept some of the UVB output so I would try and build the main basking area to about 8'' or at least have a branch or something that will allow access that close in case higher UVB exposure is desired.

Fredmsi

Original Poster
Ok the lamp is 10 inches away from the basking spot......if I build the basking spot higher the basking temperature will be too hot

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would add a log or a branch that allows access to higher UVB (and higher temps) so it's available. You don't nee the whole basking platform to be raised if it's at 10'' though.

Pufnstuf

That's your problem right there. You got a dragon covered in a delicious fried coating instead of a bearded one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom