Hello Everyone! Concerned owner here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its nice to meet everyone here. I am a brand new beardie owner. I ordered him online and he was shipped without a heat pack from Florida to North Carolina. It was like 35 - 40 degrees over night :( when I got him out his eyes were closed and he was so cold! I held him for a while and held the heating lamp over him for a while and put him in his tank. He perked up after basking and enjoying the heat. He is a very calm beardie, however, I got him yesterday morning at 10:20 am its now the next day at 1:40 pm. He hasn't eaten yet and he seems to be doing some day napping. I read about brumination but he is still moving around a little bit and he is in his basking spot. I tried to hand feed him.but he just licked the food and ate like two shreds of greens. I wonder if the cold slowed down his digestion and he is still recovering. What do you guys think? I'll try to figure out how to post photos in here:)
I don't know much HTML but here is an imgur album :) please let me know what you guys think. When should I start worrying about him not eating ?
http://imgur.com/a/UQZTG

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! He looks like he's pretty healthy and alert. I'm surprised he didn't have a heat pack with him, but they're pretty tough and I doubt it will cause any long term issues. It may take him several days to start showing interest in food. Just keep offering and let him dictate when he's ready to go. He just needs time to settle into his new home.

wigglytuff2

Original Poster
CooperDragon":10l8sygq said:
Welcome to the forum! He looks like he's pretty healthy and alert. I'm surprised he didn't have a heat pack with him, but they're pretty tough and I doubt it will cause any long term issues. It may take him several days to start showing interest in food. Just keep offering and let him dictate when he's ready to go. He just needs time to settle into his new home.

Thank you kind soul! I'll let him relax and hang out. As I write this he is exploring his cage. I put in some mango and veggies and other food too so he has access to it. I showed him where it was and I put in a small piece of blanket if he wants to snuggle it. Can't wait to see him grow! I'm already in love!!

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
He/she is going to have some great colors when they get older.

How old is the little guy? Brumation shouldn't be an issue when they're babies.

wigglytuff2

Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":1qmhfr3n said:
He/she is going to have some great colors when they get older.

How old is the little guy? Brumation shouldn't be an issue when they're babies.

Thank you!!! I'm not sure as to the exact age although he is 8 inches long. I may be able to ask the breeder to find out his birthday. How long does it typically take before they are 8 inches?

wigglytuff2

Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":2musuqrb said:
Length (Inches)Age (Months)
3-4 in.0-1 months
5-9 in.2 months
8-11 in.3 months
9-12 in.4 months
11-16 in.5 months
11-18 in.6 months
13-20 in.8 months
16-22 in.12 months

Source: http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded-dragon.php

Awesome.information! There is so much information on this site I still haven't found everything yet! I guess he is around 3 months then. I didn't wanna get him too young because I know they can be super picky eaters and harder to get tamed. He is super chill, he finally popped this morning and I saw him over in his food bowl so I think he is eating finally! I ordered some calcium and vitamin dust I plan on following the schedule of five days calcium 2 days of vitamin. How much would you add to his food such as his veggie mix I use thebbearded dragon gourmet blend and I'm trying some other foods to see how he likes them. I'm just glad he is warming up to me and eating :) yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom