New Ginger Beard-ie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coope213

HI,
My husband and I recently acquired a 3 month old baby from a new breeder at the monthly reptile expo in our town. They told us she is a girl, although I have not double checked, and she has awesome red/orange coloring with blue bars, hence the name Ginger! She is super spunky and sassy, she often tries to take on the cats with head bobbing and hissing! Haha
We are still in the process of getting her something besides crickets (stupid loud/smelly crickets) to eat but Linda's Gone Buggy is helping us with that! We will also be taking her to the vet soon to have her checked out but she seems healthy and happy! I have never seen baby beardies with such nice temperaments. It is obvious these breeders spent a lot of time handling their babies! She also loves salad so they obviously did a good job raising these little ones! Couldn't be happier!
88950-3151059635.jpg
88950-1705801208.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to hear your new buddy is settling in well. She looks nice and healthy. Linda is good and should be able to set you up with lots of yummy options. I buy silk worms and black soldier fly larvae from her regularly.

Coope213

Original Poster
Those are what I am most interested in trying. Especially the bsf larvae as an alternative staple feeder! Anything but crickets at this point, although I am still trying to convince my husband that dubias are not yucky roaches....

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Dubias are WAY better than crickets. So much easier to care for and they aren't smelly. The BSFL Linda has are good. Darwin likes the ones that have turned black and are about to change to flies and he also likes chasing down the flies (They are slow and easy to catch).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom