New!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I am new here. I am a new Bearded Dragon owner, however, I do have experience with other lizards. I am excited to join this community! My beardie is named Halcyon, I am not sure how old she is but she is about 6in or 15cm long. If any of you could help with aproxamite age it would be appreciated! I am also open to any advice on training and such, she is still not over me being a big scary monster. Haha. I'm working on taking it slow, putting my hand on the opposite side of her enclosure for about ten minutes every day. Thanks! I look forward to meeting all of you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! At 6'' I'd guess she's only a couple of months old. Still pretty small. I'd love to see photos of her. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button. It sounds like you're doing things properly and taking it slowly. She will eventually get used to you and settle in. Just takes some patience and time.

ScienceFanatic

Original Poster
87790-770411897.jpg

I think I did it right? This is her right now!

Before you ask, yes that is a heat mat on the side.? I had to put it on because my house gets really cold at night (colder than recommended for beardie night temps). It keeps her home at just about normal room temp.

Thanks for the help!

AshleyMaven

Super cute!! I just learned about the ZooMed Ceramic bulbs https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002AQCPK/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2YKHLMXRLPQLV
they are great for night, emit heat without the light. not sure if that's something you're interested in. I know you have to make sure that the dome you put them in has ceramic sockets so it doesn't melt. ZooMed sells compatible ones.

I'm a total newbie.... someone shared this with me so I'll try it out in winter when I need a little more heat :D

here is my girl Firefly
87842-2033917411.jpg

Enjoy your new friend!

ScienceFanatic

Original Poster
Thanks CooperDragon! I'm glad to have a second person just to confirm that she looks healthy.

Hi AshleyMaven! Firefly is cute ?. Thanks for the idea, I think I am okay for now but it is a good idea if I have more problems with night temps in winter (even colder than haha). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom