New Little Dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Well, I say little. He's not very little.

Today was my birthday, and my mother surprised me with a beardie (for those who don't know, I had purchased a beardie a few months ago that struggled with his health, and he sadly passed away two weeks ago, for unknown reasons).

81865-6637336956.jpg
81865-2687676377.jpg

This is my baby boy Charmander! He was purchased from a little local petstore (so not quite as hyped as breeders, but not as commercial as chain petstores), and he is estimated to be 9-12 months old. I'm very happy to have him! This little one ate right away for me, and he doesn't seem like he will need a lot of time to readjust himself to a new place. I've rearranged the tank a bit for him (he's much bigger than Kurogane was - he's too fat for me to keep his branch raised! I had to lower it so he didn't try to climb up to the thin ends). The routine, hopefully, will be to turn on his lights at 930, put greens in around 10, feed him dusted crickets around 3 (calcium on weekdays, vitamins on weekends), and then leave the greens in while I go to work (which is usually 4-11 every night). Lights off when I get home, obviously. He has a little water dish in a corner on the cool side, under his hammock. I know this is a debated topic, but I will be checking the humidity in the next few days to make sure it's not too high. The previous owners did indeed keep a water dish in with him, and he recognized it for what it was and drank from it. Hopefully, with the coming summer months, I'll be able to take him outside a bit when it's nice!

All in all, he seems like he's going to fit right in here.

So that's my story! If anyone has anything to say about the routine, feel free to tell me. I can't guarantee I will change it, but I will listen. The problem, I've found, is that there are a few topics (such as the water dish) that seem to be undecided (I know I was frightened because of humidity and respiratory infections), but some of these things seem to differ on a case to case basis.

But I am a new beardie owner, and my last one, as I've said, had health problems. So feel free to say anything!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear you're able to give him a good home. Your schedule sounds pretty good to me. I wouldn't worry too much about the water dish. Not all dragons recognize the standing water or use it, but if he does, that's great.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Hi, I'm Jess. Charmander is very handsome. As for the water dish, my boy Mushu poos in his water dish, but he doesn't drink from it. I put it in after he eats and take it out shortly after he poos. Makes clean up much easier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom