Female just layed eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, some backstory. I put my male and female together a few weeks ago, but as far as I know the mating wasn't successful. A few days ago my female started digging in her cage, so I made a lay box for her, just in case. A hour ago or so I found three eggs, and was surprised to find them fertile(I candled them) I have no incubator for the eggs, just a light on them right now. It looks like she might lay more soon. The nearest place to get a incubator is closed, and I need a way to keep them warm through the night. Please help! :shock:
UPDATE: One of the eggs has a little dimple in it, and when I touched it, it felt soft. I read up online and people said they meant the egg in infertile, even though all the eggs had veins in them.

PoezDad

Sorry this is a little late. But when my dragon laid eggs and I didn't have an incubator I put them inside of a tupperware dish with a few holes poked in the lid and some wet paper towel inside until I was able to get an incubator.

Sierradragon

Original Poster
I got a incubator running, and it's been a few days since she laid the first 3. I can still feel more in her, and when i've put her in a lay box, she doesn't lay any more. I read it takes a week for a female to lay her first clutch, so should I be worrying about her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom