Beardie seems like she is always hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardy1

Hi, so my bearded dragon seems to be like starving all the time. Ive been feeding her 3 to 4 super worms a day and collard greens, dandelion greens, and butternut squash. She doesn't finish her salad. I leave that in there all day and feed her the super worms when I get home from school. I don't normally feed her superworms i usually do about 8 to 9 crickets but today i got dub roaches. I fed her 3 of those. What she does is as soon as I open my ziplock bag to dust the insects she darts down to the viv door and starts trying to eat them asap. Like she starts running into glass and when i put my had in to feed her she goes right for them. She recently laid about 30 infertile eggs. I don't know if I'm underfeeding her. She has never done this before. She is 2 years and 4 months old.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there. I saw this post and thought I would answer this before I respond to your pm. :)

Since she just laid so many infertile eggs, she needs more feeders and more calcium dusted feeders as well as more oral hydration. When they lay eggs, it depletes their bodies of the protein & calcium as well as fluid, that's why the tops of their heads flatten out after laying. You can actually double up on the amount of feeders you had been giving her previously and also dust with calcium at least 5 days a wk, could even do 7 light dustings a week.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. ;)

Beardy1

Original Poster
diamc":2uugak3g said:
Hi there. I saw this post and thought I would answer this before I respond to your pm. :)

Since she just laid so many infertile eggs, she needs more feeders and more calcium dusted feeders as well as more oral hydration. When they lay eggs, it depletes their bodies of the protein & calcium as well as fluid, that's why the tops of their heads flatten out after laying. You can actually double up on the amount of feeders you had been giving her previously and also dust with calcium at least 5 days a wk, could even do 7 light dustings a week.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. ;)

I thought it was because she just laid eggs. Just wanted to make sure. Replying to your pm now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom