could my He be a She?(Extra Photos)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I adopted my bearded dragon Puck i was told that it was a He. Recently however, it has come in to question if my He might be a She and She might be getting ready to lay Her first clutch. Puck started doing some behaviors that were very out of place for him and after research and talking to a lot of people they said the behavior sounds like my baby boy might actually be my baby girl. This is my first dragon and I really cant tell one way or the other. I'm not sure if these pictures will be good enough for anyone to tell. If they aren't i will try to get some better ones but Puck really wasn't being very cooperative when i tried to take these.
60738-4424565835.jpg
60738-4769145702.jpg
60738-8341337917.jpg
60738-8069475917.jpg
60738-286187022.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help
---Puck's Mom
60738-5470297020.jpg

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
I think it's a male beardie. You can really see the femoral pores, & you can just make out two elongated bumps in the tail. However, another close up of the tail might help, the one you posted is a bit hard to tell.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that a few more pics , with the tail arched back further , may be much more helpful.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well Puck is a female....even females have femoral pores [ those little dots under the inside thigh ] but they are much smaller than a males. But there are no hemipene bulges so it's definitely a female. :)

Dragon4Me

Belladonnamini, My beardie is 3 1/2 and we've thought she was a male because she hadn't laid eggs yet - even the breeder couldn't tell for sure (femoral pores not obvious) and said we'd have to have the vet sex him/her. Well in February she stopped eating her normal amount and was extra active - she laid her first clutch - about 24 eggs...so I started reading and waited for the next probable clutch..sure enough a month later, here came #2. I came home yesterday and found she had started clutch #3 - as of this morning we're up to 15. She seems to have become more accustomed to the process because this time she was not acting differently and still eating. She didn't look heavy like she did before the first clutch. It's nervewracking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom