I think Duke is a Duchess!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flo1217

So... the dragon we rescued is doing very well but for the last 3-4 days I've noticed "his" belly getting fat near "his" hind legs and it's lumpy. I was worried about impaction but Duke/Duchess is going to the bathroom every morning. I did a gender check (I was taking the previous owner at their word that Duke was male) and surprise, surprise only 1 bump! Duke is now Duchess. -_-

Could the lumpy belly be eggs?! I hope not, I know nothing about caring for gravid dragons!

I will try to get a good picture of Duchess once in home from work and I'm going you guys can tell from that.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Has she been digging or shown restless behavior that may indicate trying to lay eggs? You could try building a dig box and see if she takes to it.

flo1217

Original Poster
CooperDragon":vtpiniot said:
Has she been digging or shown restless behavior that may indicate trying to lay eggs? You could try building a dig box and see if she takes to it.
No digging but lots of glass surfing. I haven't been able to get a picture that shows her belly well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom