Rest In Peace Beloved Friend LYRIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always let my dragon fall asleep on my chest in a towel and then moved him to his tank. Tonight I was sooo exhausted from a long day that I accidently fell asleep and murdered my best friend who was the happiest healthiest best friend I have ever had. After I woke up about an hour ago and desperately tried to resuscitate him and pleading with God to bring him back and balling like a baby on the bathroom floor my eight year old waking up and crying with me and counselling me and praying with me. I cant sleep so I have decided to try and prevent anyone else from feeling the pain I am so badly suffering from. I murdered him.... I crushed and suffocated him.... I loved him second only to my only son. He saved me from a major depression I was going through and repaid him by taking the very breath of life out of him. MOST LIKELY YOU WILL NEVER HURT YOUR DRAGON BY ACCIDENTALLY FALLING ASLEEP, BUT IT IS REALLY REALLY REALLY NOT WORTH THE RISK. OR THE PAIN. REST IN PEACE LYRIC Jan 25, 2013-April 25th, 2013 I am so sorry handsome little man. I never deserved you and you certainly did not deserve the horrible careless tragic early end to your precise life. good bye forever beardeddragon.ORG thank you so much for helping to raise my beloved friend for the short period of time I was blessed to have him. Even though I know it was an accident I still hate myself at the moment for the careless mistake that cost me a precious friend. Through the day I have had more time to think about it and I know that I will someday buy another dragon. Maybe try to do a rescue in Lyrics honor or maybe here in a couple months buy one of his full baby brothers/sisters that just hatched. I miss him so much and feel so empty coming home and not having to do all of his usual needs, but instead having to bury him. He was just 3 months old today and was going to be a very big and beautiful dragon and I took that from him. I know and understand it was an accident, but that knowledge does not ease the pain I feel. No one I know in person actually understands... all I kept getting today when people asked why I seemed like my dog just died and I told them it was much worse than that it was my bearded dragon they just looked at me funny and was like... a lizard? thats why you are upset... they dont understand.... until you have loved and been loved by a bearded dragon I suppose you really couldnt. HIM SLEEPING ON MY CHEST LAST WEEK HE WAS ALWAYS THE MOST COMFORTABLE RIGHT OVER MY HEART....A PLACE HE WILL ALWAYS BE. Thank you for your kindness and sympathy... they really do mean a lot. I buried him today and am going to try to find a flower that I can plant seeds over his grave that will grow effortlessly and every year rebloom. Not sure what yet, but something that can hold up in Texas. I had to bury him at my mothers house so that I will always be able to go see him... since she is never going to move and we move all the time. Also going to try and find some of those little 6-7 inch tall plastic white fences that go around gardens and flower beds and frame his grave so it is as beautiful as he will always deserve.... my son, bless his heart, caught a bunch of bugs and worms and put in the grave before we covered it so he would have food for the trip to beardie heaven. I still tear up and cry just thinking about it and the missing Lyric empty tank is like a dagger straight to my heart. He was my first dragon experience and he changed my life... as I am sure all our beardies have a way of doing... they are so not like other reptiles it is almost odd. I appreciate... truly to have someone out there to unload this heavy painful burden unto that will be empathetic to the severity of a loss of this sort, especially an unexpected unnecessary tragedy like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom