Which design is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
I know I made a separate post about this, regarding the height, and I decided on 15" tall, in a 24" tank.

That being said;
which design do you think is better- NOT for looks, but for ,basking, temperatures, and the dragon's health.
What would be most effective?

Design One
Staggered
109535-2105911742.jpg

Design Two
Stairs
109535-6871126462.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They both have merits. The step design allows 3 levels of basking zone while still providing shade. The first design may be easier to maneuver up and down, but it only has the top two levels as basking zones while the third is in shade. Since there is already shade under the steps that may not be necessary. Either will work though.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You will need to have the UVB on top of the tank open for a T 5 bulb -- distance on that is 12-15 inches w/ NO obstruction -- you can get away w/it being on the screen providing the screen is a wide hole type --- any fine mesh it will haft to be unobstructed and the top of screen distance would need to be 8-10 inches directly above basking decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom