Is this lighting approved??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hethaalicia

So I just recently got a beardie and I’ve done a lot of research I just still need to know if what I have for lighting is okay. (the temperatures are all perfect on hot and cool side as well as humidity %)

Keep in mind I have a 40 gallon (18in tall 36.5 in long) and all the lights are on top of metal mesh screening so I need to know if all these lights are strong enough!!!

So for the basking I have The solar glo heat, uvb, and uva at 100w

Then for the the length of the enclosure between the cool side and warm i have the reptisun Tube uvb 10.0 T8 at 15w

And for the cool side I have the reptisun 10.0 uvb bulb and it doesn’t say the wattage

Any advice? Or is this okay?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You only need the one T 8 but it needs to be on the inside of the tank no clear plastic cover over the bulb and basking decor needs to be approx 6-8 inches directly underneath- the solar glo is a 100 watt? I would get rid of the UVB on the cool side- especially if it's a coil! You do not want a coil! The solar glo is good as long as it's keeping temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer for a baby- juvies / adults 95-110
Karrie

hethaalicia

Original Poster
Thank you! I corrected it, no more coil bulb , UVB tube is on the inside and the heat lamp is still on top of screen but it’s giving off a good amount of heat. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom