Used viv/hides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
I recently bought a 50 G viv for $20. It came with quite a few hides and branches, all included in the price. I couldn’t pass on it, but I also want to make sure my beardie will be safe. The previous owner said that his beardie died from “natural causes”, though I have many thoughts on the true cause of death. The enclosure was full of sand, including the food bowls. There was no heat lamp or uvb light. The only heat source being a heat rock, which I am definitely not using. The whole cage was really unsanitary as well (poop everywhere). His beardie most likely died of improper husbandry, but I am worried he could have had something my beardie could catch.
I coated everything multiple times with a vinegar-water mix as well as reptisafe cleaner. I used a power sprayer to rinse the logs/hides. Everything looks brand new, and I believe I have sanitized the viv. I am now heating everything in the oven to further sanitize what I have, but is there anything else I should do?
Also, there was a log that won’t fit in my oven. I cleaned it with the vinegar mix and the reptile safe cleaner, as well as power washed it, but I can’t bake it. I figured I would just use it as outdoor decor, as I don’t want to risk my beardies life. Am I just being paranoid? I figured it’s better safe than sorry.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":12jty0ef said:
It is never to be too safe --- the reptifsafe cleaner is a what brand? Zoo Med makes a sanitizer called Wipe Out - or you can get some F10 - that will kill everything in the tank -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/F10-SC-200ml-Veterinary-Disinfectant-Birds-Pet-Cages-Bird-Reptiles-Cage-Cleaner/152133533207?epid=1664724972&hash=item236bdd7e17:g
Karrie

Fluker’s. It said it is supposed to wipe everything out, but I cleaned it a few times to be sure. I’ll take a look at that cleaner though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom