Lighting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I had a question about lighting. My beardy Sparky is currently in a 40 gallon breeder tank. I recently bought the powersun 100w with the reptisun LED UVB terrarium hood and replaced the 5.0 with a 10.0. Is it too much UVB? Or is it just fine? Her basking side is 105, middle is 95 and the cool side is exactly 80. I'm new with owning a bearded dragon and would love some advice. Thank you!!! ?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sparky sounds like has a great setup there, do you have any pictures you could post?
What are the distances of your Powersun MVB & your Reptisun 10 tube?
Between the two lights, that will be perfectly fine. How does he like his lights, does he
spend a good amount of time basking?

Tracie

Greendayfan1

Original Poster
So the powersun 100w is about 20 inches away from the ground and from her hideaway/basking area is 15 inches away. Her reptisun 10.0 uvb led is about 17 1/2 inches away. I decided to ditch the t8 and go with a t5 because from what I understand and read it's the best and I can have it on the screen. I do have two new basking fixtures coming in the mail. There the REPTI ZOO Reptile Light Fixture 2 Pack 5.5 Inch Deep Dome Cap Lamp Fixture Optical Reflection Cover. They max out at 100w and come with light stands so it wont be touching the screen. I noticed with the new light setup she is more aware and her color is very vibrant. Her appetite has significantly improved as well. I'm also have a 100w ceramic heat emitter towards the front of her tank because we have our a/c constantly running.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Her T 5 should be 8-10 inches from basking decor when on top of screen ---
Karrie

Greendayfan1

Original Poster
Awesome thank you. One other question. Does the floor of the tank need to be at 95° +? Or is it just for the basking area. If so, how can I keep the temperature up?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You want a gradient of temps offered like the hottest 110 down to 95-- so if you have a piece of decor under your basking light that would offer that that would be good-- 95 on the floor is fine-- I have a resin log piece i got from petsmart that offers different places for my dragons to sit-- lay - stand against and they utilize it very well and it offers different temps for him to bask
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom