Wood vs pvc panels for enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chenpoes

Shopping for a bigger enclosure for my girl and there are these two on amazon I'm eyeballing. One is 48x24x24 inches with wood paneling, and the other is 48x24x16 with pvc paneling. The one with wood paneling is both bigger and cheaper, but would I be better off with the pvc one? I'm not sure what the difference really is. They're listed as zen habitat reptile enclosures if yall wanted to look them up. (Or if you know of a better, cheaper enclosure I could buy, I'm all ears!)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have the Zen Habitat PVC I believe -- it has the pvc pipe and the bamboo paneling - here is a pic of one of them
97951-7863920475.jpg
--
You can go to www.zenhabitats.com and price compare from Amazon
Karrie

jteastman

When I purchased my zen, I did all the research as well. The habitat made of wood paneling is designed for a desert type climate as it keeps a low humidity. The PVC version is designed for those who need higher humidity levels.

John

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If that is the case I have not had a problem w/ the humidity- my tanks are around 30%-- I just rechecked my enclosure is the wood not pvc
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
jteastman":4e8a6zjn said:
When I purchased my zen, I did all the research as well. The habitat made of wood paneling is designed for a desert type climate as it keeps a low humidity. The PVC version is designed for those who need higher humidity levels.

John

Yep here's their site : https://www.zenhabitats.com/

They use bamboo plywood panels for their "timber" walled tanks and laminated pvc panels for their "PVC" version.
The structure looks like 1" square hollow aluminium tubing with Qubeloc / Connectit nylon joiners.

No PVC pipe used in their tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom