rearing tubs , the missing images :

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ref viewtopic.php?f=34&t=233480
missing image no 1 three rearing tubs sharing one long t5ho reflector hood (10% UVB or 12% UVB tube).:
THREE-SIDE-BY-SIDE-TUBS-FOR-REARING-LIZARDS.png

missing image no 2 : stacking configuration for two 120L or 150L rearing tubs ( nanohood attached under tub's lid ( only needs 2 self tapping screws , be sure to predrill or premelt (soldering iron , better as it wont split the plastic) the screw holes in the lid )
STACKABLE-REARING-TUB.png

Buy better quality (thicker walled tubs), and check if the plastic is UV stabilized , not all are ( UV stabilized ==> they degrade over time exposure to UV from the light source and start to "craze" in about 18 months , and loose their structural strength ( the tiniest bump can then result in crack or even a hole in the side ).
I've had DOllAR SHOP TuffTubs ( that were 100L and cost $20 each) last up to 8 years ( I believe these were UV stabilized and designed with thicker walls ( 5mm vs 4mm for the ALLSET brand I use now) , unfortunately the place I used to buy my TuffTubs has closed and I can't find someone else who has the brand.
My experience with Bunnings' ALLSET 120 plastic tubs is they last maybe 3 years ( but that's no great drama as they only cost $19 each and it's easy to convert a new replacement tub to a rearing tub , all I need is my soldering iron and my drill driver ) ,the lids last a lot longer than the tubs as not exposed to UV so I simply swap over a converted lid with the new lid which then goes into the shed to be stored).

Some details :
All Set 120L Plastic Storage Container (BUNNINGS I/N: 2583852)
made from 50% PP / 50% Trans. PP ( not really UV stabilized in my observation ).
size : W:520 H:440 L:750 (mm).

End view of my two 120L stacked rearing tubs as at moment :
P1111063.jpg

Bottom tub has Caesar and Cleo ( 10 month old bearded dragons) in it who have been reared together so far without issue , will separate and upgrade to their forever homes in month or so .
That's Caesar napping at the front on his warm heatslab ( set to 34-36 degC ) , basking spot is ontop the plastic hollow log & grotto ( 38 deg C ) , cool area is 28 - 30 degC at back of tub .

Top tub has my two adult female eastern water skinks in it. Temperatures similar less 2 or 3 degC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom