New Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jteastman

Need your input of this new Zen Habitat. Any recommendations is greatly appreciated. Current set up with a 35w and 20w Halogen GU10 style bulbs and a Raptisun 10.0 HO T-5 UVB lamp. Temps read 105 give or take a few at the basking spot, middle ambient temp is at 82 and cool side is at 78. Humidity hovers around the 30s. (Temps taken by digital for ambient, probe for basking and I used a temp infrared gun)

New addition to the family will arrive this Tuesday from Spice Dragons, a zero male, Morph: Leatherback Zero, 66% het. Witblit, Hypo, and Trans. Hatched on 22 Oct 2019.

106978-3251256570.jpg
106978-8742337534.jpg
106978-4554112125.jpg
106978-7358706626.jpg
106978-328395302.jpg

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Looks great, and congrats on the beautiful new companion! I would maybe add a soft landing or two - fleece (strips or a wadded square) is great for this. :0)

jteastman

Original Poster
Thanks! We were in the process of making a few fleece blankets which have now been added. Our new addition arrived today. He is a bit shy trying to adjust to his new surroundings. My daughter has named him Casper.

106978-8398767938.jpg
106978-8149010017.jpg
106978-2107136506.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Casper should love his new home- w/that said he will go thru relocation stress- so he may eat big at first then lay off - he should not quit eating all together- he needs greens mustard collard turnip or kale squash yellow zucinni- grean beans along w/ live feeders like crickets dubias roaches bsfl-- dusted 5 x per week and vitamins 2 times x week
Karrie

jteastman

Original Poster
Thanks Karrie! I believe we are sorted. My daughter the executive chef has mustard greens, dandelion greens, carrots and grapes of the menu for this week. And for the main courses we have about 500 BSFLs and a colony of dubia roaches. We will try to stay away from crickets or may do them as a once in a while treat. Calcium w/ D3 and the herptivite multivitamins all ready to go as well.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds great- you want him eating greens-- I would get a glass bowl take you bsfl sprinkle on top of the salad first thing in morning-- the movement will lure him to bowl -- feed dubias after he's eaten from that for at least an hour-- he won't eat them otherwise he will hold out for the bugs- add the bsfl so he can see you do this- later add your dubias--- it works --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom