Not open for further replies.

Merlin124

Original Poster
kingofnobbys said:
What exactly is the compact UVB globe?
Brand ?
wattage ?
UVB rating ?
distance from the basking spot at this time?

I will try the plywood thank you. I am getting a new UVB light tomorrow it's a strip one. Zilla, 25 watts, and I believe it will be 7 percent. The one I have now is weak and is only 15 wat

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
zilla0189":3kfyc2x5 said:
kingofnobbys":3kfyc2x5 said:
What exactly is the compact UVB globe?
Brand ?
wattage ?
UVB rating ?
distance from the basking spot at this time?

I will try the plywood thank you. I am getting a new UVB light tomorrow it's a strip one. Zilla, 25 watts, and I believe it will be 7 percent. The one I have now is weak and is only 15 wat

I suggest you give Zilla UV sources a very wide berth, they are very bad quality. The only brands that are good are Arcadia Reptile , Zoo Med and Exo Terra.

7% UVB is too weak, you need not less than 10% UVB , and it should be a T5ho version , the T8 versions are way too weak.

Merlin124

Original Poster
I am getting a bearded dragon tomorrow... I am going to get wood as soon as possible but if I can get the temp up with the way my lights are set is it safe for now?

P.S: it's a fake lizard in the pic, also that bright blob is my uvb right now, new one comes Monday

106979-6508043194.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would change the lighting so it is directly over the basking site and coming from straight overhead rather than at an angle as much as possible. If you can get the basking surface up to the proper temp range (100-105ish) with just the basking light, then you can move the CHE over to the other side and have that turn on overnight as needed. That will help save some space over the basking site. I would also keep the CHE well out of reach (probably outside of the enclosure) because they can get very very hot and pose a burn risk.

Merlin124

Original Poster
I have added a wood top put the basking directly over and moved the Che to the middle.... Temp in baskinh spot has only reacged 95 but on the other side close to the top ive reached 106 . there is not enough room for both to be next to each other im not sute what to do. Could I maybe like move the basking to the spot wjere the cub is just trying to think.

Also my dragon is 3 months

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I had some heating issues and was able to solve them by putting the CHE on a thermostat and suspending it the length of the fixture into the viv (it's a 100 gal tank). Above it, I put a bath towel to capture the heat better, though that only extends over 1/2 of the total top area. Obviously, safety 1st for both you and your beardie re. CHE placement and using a potentially flammable object over it. In my experience, there have been no issues with this setup, and the thermostat helps make sure things don't get out of hand temp-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom