Reptisun 10.0 UVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I’m making a transition to the Reptisun 10.0 Uvb tube light from the coil lights for my adult beardie. I have a 48 L enclosure so would I need a 48 inch light or 24 inch? Also are there different watts for these lights? Thanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please do not buy the length of the tank --- only 2/3 of tank recommended so it is up to you for either the 24" or a 36" -- you want him to be able to escape the rays of the UVB if he wants to --- 10.0 T 5 is recommended for the tank - I have a 4x2x2 and use a 24" - how tall is the tank?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

The wattage depends on the length of the bulb.

Whether or not you want the standard t8 or the HO t5 will depend on how tall your tank is. And if you want to mount the fixture in the tank or on top of the screen.

-Brandon

Domokunn89

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1qiyappa said:
Please do not buy the length of the tank --- only 2/3 of tank recommended so it is up to you for either the 24" or a 36" -- you want him to be able to escape the rays of the UVB if he wants to --- 10.0 T 5 is recommended for the tank - I have a 4x2x2 and use a 24" - how tall is the tank?
Karrie
Yeah someone suggested 3/4 the way another said all the way but I thought the latter was too much. 16” tall if I’m correct.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So now you need to figure if you want the T 8 bulb or the T 5 bulb - that will determine placement of the fixture and how you want it-- let us know and we can help
Karrie

Domokunn89

Original Poster
KarrieRee":36dtb0lr said:
So now you need to figure if you want the T 8 bulb or the T 5 bulb - that will determine placement of the fixture and how you want it-- let us know and we can help
Karrie
T5

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so w/ a T 5 you can either have it on top of screen which would need to be 6-8 inches from basking w/ no cover on bulb meaning it needs to be exposed or inside the tank of which it can be 12-15 inches from basking area w/ same no cover on bulb -- your choice
Karrie

Domokunn89

Original Poster
Thank you guys for ALL your help! Having a Beardie is great but can be frustrating when you care for them like we all do. Now that I have the lights, I need a T5 light fixture recommendation for the 34 L Reptisun 10.0 t5 bulb. Can’t find what I need in stores but have seen some online.

Domokunn89

Original Poster
claudiusx":35jsx5yy said:
The sunblaster fixture is what a lot of us use here.
Here is the link to it on amazon if you are interested.
It is a 34in bulb, but the fixture is 36. But trust me, it's the right size :)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AKKUD3Y/ref=twister_B07XG6ZGCB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Unfortunatey, the 3' version is the most expensive version. lucky for me I use the 2' versions LOL

-Brandon

You just confirmed which one I’m getting. I was torn between this one and another. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom