Tiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzzyLou24

Hi all?

Just wondering if it's possible to buy glossy tiles and sand them down for a rougher texture?

If not, which tiles would you recommend (links to Amazon or other s trores would be ideal because I don't understand tiles too much?)

Thanks in advance!
- Izzy, Saphira and Arturo xx

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you in the states???? If you are go to Home Depot or Lowes find some slated ceramic tile --- feel the texture of the tile - you want it semi rough not rough --- here is a pic of what I have I got it at Home Depot
97951-5577321257.jpg
you can try searching on amazon slated ceramic tile and see what comes up ---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It would be really difficult to sand the tile face and give it a texture. They are made to withstand that kind of stuff anyways :p
Youd likely have to use a masonry wheel on an angle grinder to make any solid and quick progress. Otherwise be prepared for hours of aggressive sanding.

It would be much easier and likely cheaper to just buy a tile with a texture to it already imo :)

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Quite a bit shows up if you google slate tile UK
Most will actually be ceramic tiles that look & feel like slate (which is fine--it's less expensive than real slate/stone, and easier to cut).
I would avoid any that have a glossy or matte finish; also any that are too dark, as they may absorb too much heat (I found med to light grey better than black/charcoal).
I'd also consider as large tiles as you can find, as you may not need to grout (unless that's what you want)
If you do decide to grout between tiles, be aware that some grouts need to be sealed periodically (and curing can take considerable time) while other grouts don't require sealing. Read labels carefully before purchase. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom