Water in terrarium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all I wanted advice for my terrarium for toast she's all moved in to her new tank I wanted to ask would it be an idea to put a small water fountain in there to encourage toast to drink ? As she really hates being sprayed by a bottle and won't go near her new water dish with a convient hidey hole

Foxxy76

I've seen other beardie owners that say they work well for their beardie or other reptile. (Mostly online reviews of fountains). I tried using just a little desk fountain to see if my beardie would like one before trying to purchase one for him as the pet fountains for reptiles can be kind of spendy. He kind of liked it but it lost his attention rather quickly. But things to watch if you get a fountain would be humidity, the pump wearing out/ making weird noises, and of course, leaks. Leaks were the main complaint of fountains I was looking at. Not everyone experienced leaks or loud/bad pumps so it could have just been a bad batch.
Here are some I was looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JG618BE/?coliid=I1OM9V5VH5P14X&colid=2BPQLHQSV8CWT&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/national-geographicandtrade-sanctuary-desert-fountain-27804.html

I like the look of the desert one better. It looks better to me and I feel my beardie would like crawling in the longer "pool" every now and again. :)

BubbleBuddy

Original Poster
Foxxy76":oq7y9wg0 said:
I've seen other beardie owners that say they work well for their beardie or other reptile. (Mostly online reviews of fountains). I tried using just a little desk fountain to see if my beardie would like one before trying to purchase one for him as the pet fountains for reptiles can be kind of spendy. He kind of liked it but it lost his attention rather quickly. But things to watch if you get a fountain would be humidity, the pump wearing out/ making weird noises, and of course, leaks. Leaks were the main complaint of fountains I was looking at. Not everyone experienced leaks or loud/bad pumps so it could have just been a bad batch.
Here are some I was looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JG618BE/?coliid=I1OM9V5VH5P14X&colid=2BPQLHQSV8CWT&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/national-geographicandtrade-sanctuary-desert-fountain-27804.html

I like the look of the desert one better. It looks better to me and I feel my beardie would like crawling in the longer "pool" every now and again. :)
Thanks cause lil toast needs more fluid and Hates being sprayed so it would probably be the ideal solution

Pastella

Bearded Dragons are said to be unable to detect standing water so a fountain of some sort could prove useful! Just ensure it doesn't raise the humidity too much :D

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
None of my pet bearded dragon have been fans of drinking standing water in "pond", cool off by sitting in it - yes, use the water pond as a toilet (definitely …. didn't take them long to discover submerged poos are as stinky).

So I stopped having water dishes in my bearded dragon rearing tubs and tanks.

Plenty of fresh leafy greens and live insects and your dragon should be nicely hydrated. A drink by depositing drops of water in the snout will be appreciated if the dragon is thirsty.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that they will get most of the hydration they need from well fed bugs and fresh veges. I prefer to drip water on my dragon's nose to offer extra hydration. This simulates rain and activates their instinct to tilt their head forward to channel water to their nose and lick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom