Shelf liner, anti-fatgue or yoga mat VOCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
My dragon had developed a septic arthritis. She had a tile substrate her whole life until a couple weeks ago. It was suggested to me by many others on this site that I use shelf liner....the foam or vinyl type to help cushion her joints. I have also read some people here use anti-fatigue mat. I found some great EVA mat at the dollar store and ran it through a dishwasher cycle before installing it. However, I came across a Reptifiles site that says to never use shelf liner, anti fatigue or yoga mat material as substrate due to VOCs. Can any one shed light on this? That is kind of scary.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So the non adhesive EVA mat is a no go? Basically it mentions that the gases produced by the vinyl or foam is what is concerning?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I don't really know enough about it. I'm thinking that the concern is overblown and that if you had the material directly under the heat lamp with a very high temp. it might let off some fumes but other than that I don't see where it would be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom