UVB light fixture for inside a large tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotty21690

I’m a newbie and just moved my little guy to a large 55 gallon tank (~2ft high..maybe 21” not sure). But what kind of fixture should I use? I’ve red on Jess’s post that regular coil/compact bulbs are bad and should use a tube lighting. But with it being 48” long, not sure what kind to get. Help!!

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
I believe they sell 48” reptisun uvb bulbs. Not sure about Arcadia. For a beardie you will want a 10.0 uvb tuve light. T5 vs t8 refers to the size of the prongs you plug into the fixture. I recommend looking for a 48” reptisun uvb light on amazon and then buying an appropriate fixture

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Arcadia have a reflector hood product called a SLIMLINE LUMINAIRE that is designed to mount inside a tank (attached to the ceiling with screws if the ceiling is timber) , these come in a range of lengths (I suggest you get a hood that is NO MORE THAN 2/3 the length of the tank (so no more than 3ft long in your case).
These Arcadia luminaires come with either a T5ho 6% UVB tube , or a T5ho 12% UVB tube , or a T5ho 14% UVB tube in the price already installed , so it's essentially plug-n-play.

This will help work out the strength T5ho tube you need for your setup based on distance to the basking spot : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611

If your lid is a mesh lid , mounting under the mesh lid is simplicity itself, all you need is two nylon cable ties of appropriate length to essentially form a loop around the hood , one at each end.

Dotty21690

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":21w6vm9s said:
Arcadia have a reflector hood product called a SLIMLINE LUMINAIRE that is designed to mount inside a tank (attached to the ceiling with screws if the ceiling is timber) , these come in a range of lengths (I suggest you get a hood that is NO MORE THAN 2/3 the length of the tank (so no more than 3ft long in your case).
These Arcadia luminaires come with either a T5ho 6% UVB tube , or a T5ho 12% UVB tube , or a T5ho 14% UVB tube in the price already installed , so it's essentially plug-n-play.

This will help work out the strength T5ho tube you need for your setup based on distance to the basking spot : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611

If your lid is a mesh lid , mounting under the mesh lid is simplicity itself, all you need is two nylon cable ties of appropriate length to essentially form a loop around the hood , one at each end.

Thanks guys! I can’t seem to readily get the Arcadia one in the US (found it in the UK but they won’t ship here). But I did find a Lugarti reflector that’s similar to the Arcadia, just not sure of the quality of this brand. Any ideas or posts that might have something?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Dotty21690":94qpn8if said:
kingofnobbys":94qpn8if said:

Thanks guys! I can’t seem to readily get the Arcadia one in the US (found it in the UK but they won’t ship here). But I did find a Lugarti reflector that’s similar to the Arcadia, just not sure of the quality of this brand. Any ideas or posts that might have something?

Try Birmingham Reptile UK, they shipped 4 Slimline Luminaires to me (I'm in Australia) , no bother at all, you will need a UK-USA adapter but they are easy to find (much easier than sourcing a power cable that has the USA plug on the end in leu of the UK plug).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom