Is my 100w Powersun safe for a 2 month beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edayy

100743-9030386437.jpg
I have a 100w powersun and a 20 gal tank. Temps on the hot side are 95is and the basking spot is 105 and the cool side is 80. Is the powersun safe for my 2 month old beardie? I used a inferred digital thermometer to get the temps. I just wanna know I wont cause any harm to my beardie.
100743-6482224213.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah it should be safe. I'd keep it about 12'' above the main basking area. Is it a new bulb? The newer 100w version I have has been giving off unusually strong UVB right in the center of the beam but it's easy for a dragon to sense and manage if there is room to sit just to the side. The mesh top will intercept some too and your temp range is good.

Edayy

Original Poster
Yeah it's I just got the bulb on Sunday. And I keep his light on from 6 am to 10 PM on a timer. Thank you for the reply I just wanted to make sure I wasn't over doing it or anything or undergoing it since I'm still new to all this

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Is OK …. I'd prefer an Arcadia 80W MVB personally …. but Zoo Med MVBs have a good reputation.

Just need to set it up right to ensure high enough levels of UVA & UVB , and correct basking and warm zone temperatures in the tank ,see my comments in your other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom