Need uvb help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved my beardie from a 20 gallon terrarium to a 50 gallon one. She has the Zilla slime line fixture (with the clear plastic removed) , but it is like 12” inches from the basking spot and 18” from the ground. Is that to far? I was kind of considering getting a reptisun 10.0 because I read some older posts that say the Zilla fixtures are dangerous. I have recently read some posts saying that those issues have been fixed though. Should I upgrade my bulb or is it fine and is she getting enough uvb?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Zilla/All Living Things UVB tubes are just "ok" bulbs, but, not the greatest. As long as they
are at the proper distance & used with a bright white light, they normally don't cause any eye
issues if they are the tube bulb.
I haven't tested one with a UVB meter in a long time, so I can't personally say exactly what the
UVB wavelengths or readings are. You could use it for awhile, but I would recommend upgrading
to the Reptisun 10 tube for a much better quality.

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
From my testing that fixture and bulb should be 6-8'' above the main basking area. They are better suited for smaller tanks. For that distance I suggest moving to a T5 fixture and T5 bulb. They are better suited for your setup and are just about right at 12'' away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom