Help needed pls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksarah001

Hi, I know you have info about lighting on your site, but I am really confused :) I have a vivexotic 4'x2'x2' enclosure. It came with repti
glo 10.0 and 2.0 flourescent strip lights, one was white, and the other is blue, and a basking bulb. I read that repti glo were bad, so I
bought arcadia 12.0 + d3. Is it ok to use the reptiglo 10.0 ( blue one )with the arcadia ight, or should I take it out. Also the basking
bulbs keep breaking, so I baught an arcadia mvb bulb. Using the mvb without the flourescents the viv is really dark, should I go back to using
basking spotlight?
Do u need flourescents with mvb bulb? As you can see I am confused :)
Could you pls advise me on what to keep. Thnx Sarah

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
1) get rid of the blue tube .
2) set up lighting to achieve proper thermal and uv gradients , see this : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=235611

Best options
domestic par38 incandescent or halogen spot globe in a ceramic e27 socket (heat & light) + t5ho 12%UVB tube in a reflector hood ( 0.5 to 0.7x length of tank )
or
mvb globe in a ceramic e27 socket (heat & light & UVA & UVB at basking spot) + t5ho 12%UVB tube in a reflector hood ( 0.5 to 0.7x length of tank )

darksarah001

Original Poster
Thankyou for the info :) I took the blue light out and he seems very happy, must have been getting a headache, poor thing. Will be investing in a halogen light I think aswell. The temps were ok, 100 degrees basking spot, 84 cool end, was just too much going on in there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom