Automatic heat control shut off switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Hello all!

I am going away on vacation in a couple weeks and I’m trying to figure out how to monitor and maintain the temperature without physically being here. Right now I have all of my terrarium lights plugged into smart WiFi outlets. My lights turn on and off by themselves everyday and I can also turn them on and off at anytime from anywhere. What I can’t monitor is the current temperature in the tank. I live in New Jersey as it’s finally starting to get warm. Obviously, As the temperatures begin to rise so do the temps in her terrarium. I’ve never used an automatic temperature control unit before and I’m feeling a little uneasy. Does anyone know if I can plug a temperature control unit into a WiFi outlet or would that be like plugging an extension cord into an extension cord, could it possibly damage the basking light? My WiFi outlet can handle 1,100 watts per socket and my heat lamp is only 125 watts so we’re well below the maximum wattage.
Also, does anyone know of any simple to use but quality temperature control units? Or even better, a smart unit were I would be able to see the current temperatures in the tank, remotely, and ensure that the lights are shutting off/on when the temperature rise/fall between parameters?

Any help or advice you can give on how to maintain temperatures during the day is greatly appreciated.

Danielle

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for your reply! Unfortunately, I can not use a dimmer with the Megaray mercury vapor bulb that I have.
93630-3652873496.jpg

This is the only thing I could find, that I would be able to monitor the temperatures in the tank while in a different state and it would automatically shut off when temperatures got to high. This only works with iPhone 4/5 or 6 and I have an iPhone 8. Anyone aware of newer technology with an automatic WiFi temperature control unit?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are you going to have someone look in on him also, while you are gone?
The MVB's are unable to have dimmers used on them, correct. At the moment, I don't know of
any newer technology. Are you using a tube bulb also, along with the Megaray?

Tracie

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes someone will come each day to give her medicine (Deka is still on allopurinol) salads, bugs water and let her out a little. I’m usually home all day and check the temps throughout the day so i defiantly want the temps monitored throughout the day.

Yes I also have a 36 inch reptisun 10.0 and a 24 inch reptisun, those are connected to WiFi smart outlets, as well, so I can control those remotely from anywhere. Just to be on the safe side, I want to be able to monitor the temperatures in the tank throughout the day.

I’ll give inkbird a call and see if they have newer equipment. As always, Thank you for all your help.

Danielle
Deka’s mom ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom