Best way to keep your beardies enclosure humidified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoTaco

Keeping her enclosure humid- I don’t know if I’m doing this the best way. Spraying/misting the glass, her wooden rock and plant- does anyone else do this and how often? Still such a newbie and learning so much thanks to you all. What are your methods? Thanks in advanced! Happy Monday :)

Hi there! Bearded dragons do not need a humid environment and that can actually cause some issues :) I highly recommend letting things be just a bit dry. Sometimes I mist my beardie once first thing in the morning if I feel like he's a little thirsty as he will lick droplets, but usually I let my lizard soaks do the hydrating and leave his viv alone.

RoccoTaco

Original Poster
Nosouledginger":xyo812nu said:
Hi there! Bearded dragons do not need a humid environment and that can actually cause some issues :) I highly recommend letting things be just a bit dry. Sometimes I mist my beardie once first thing in the morning if I feel like he's a little thirsty as he will lick droplets, but usually I let my lizard soaks do the hydrating and leave his viv alone.

Great to know, I feel much better - TY! How often do you do the soaks? My daughter does once a week with warm water and toothbrush lol :)

RoccoTaco":3c8c3ufe said:
Nosouledginger":3c8c3ufe said:

Great to know, I feel much better - TY! How often do you do the soaks? My daughter does once a week with warm water and toothbrush lol :)

I follow a caresheet I found on beautifuldragons.com for that. Every other day for very young or very dehydrated dragons and once or twice a week for older or well hydrated dragons.

Sounds like your daughter is right on track with that!

I never would have thought of using a tooth brush! How does your beardie like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom