Is this lighting fixture alright for now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
95418-4181513926.jpg
95418-3271658207.jpg
i do plan on getting a t5 10.0 bulb for my tank soon, but since i bought this guy as sort of a bundle deal the previous owners had this light on top of the tank and i just recently moved it to the inside. It’s a t8 18 inch. But i think a t5 10.0 would be too strong to mount on the inside since the tank height is only 12”. Anyone that can give me advice I’d appreciate it :) thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A T5 would still be OK if you mount it above the screen. That looks like one of the Exo Terra tanks which has a pretty fine mesh top that will intercept quite a bit of the output. A T8 isn't very effective through that mesh but a T5 would be really good at about 8-10'' above the basking area based on my measurement. Without a screen top they are ideal at about 12''.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, I agree. Get the T5HO 10.0 and can be placed on top of the screen. The T8 output is not strong enough to penetrate through the screen mesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom