General advice for my enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.
93386-8203498665.jpg

93386-3385752742.jpg

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to see what anyone’s thoughts are on my enclosures. I have two enclosures, one 40 gallon breeder and one 150 gallon aquarium. I have two bearded, one is an adult and one is a small juvenile.

As weird as it is I have my adult in the 40 gallon and my juvenile in my 150 gallon. I had the adult in the bigger setup for a little but he seemed stressed (I think because he originally was in the 40 gallon from when he was a juvenile and I tried to upgrade him to the 150 gallon before I got the second juvenile.) They both seem to be happy and eating. I feed them Dubai roaches and a salad mixture of squash, kale, collard greens, and mustard greens. I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice or comments for my two setups. At one point I had the aquariums setup so that they were able to see each other but it seemed to stress them both out so I put a sheet up so they are no longer able to see each other.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Looks really good! overall Might be a little cool, since you only have a source of heat on the basking end (I'm especially concerned about the 150 gal). What are your temps for each enclosure?

Also, I think I can see a UVB mounted in each, but I'm not sure. If those are UVBs, what brand, what strength, and how old are they?

agates0523

Original Poster
HylianHealeys":1vpzo8xv said:
Looks really good! overall Might be a little cool, since you only have a source of heat on the basking end (I'm especially concerned about the 150 gal). What are your temps for each enclosure?

Also, I think I can see a UVB mounted in each, but I'm not sure. If those are UVBs, what brand, what strength, and how old are they?

The UVB bulbs in both tanks are the T5 Reptisun High output so I think I’m good on those as both are about a month old.

As far as heating, that’s mainly what I worry about but mainly in the large tank. As it gets colder I will most likely add a ceramic heat emitter in the middle of the tank (just need to get another clip mount for the bulb). The temps on the cool ends of both tanks is generally between 75-80 but I do live in a basement so it will be getting a little cooler down here

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
My biggest concern would be the wood mulch substrate. It can be ingested and holds bacteria, could possible lead to an early demise for your dragons. I suggest tile, reptile carpet or non adhesive shelf liner.

agates0523

Original Poster
Gormagon":fiugpvtz said:
My biggest concern would be the wood mulch substrate. It can be ingested and holds bacteria, could possible lead to an early demise for your dragons. I suggest tile, reptile carpet or non adhesive shelf liner.

Yeah have been looking into switching to tile. Would it not be uncomfortable for them since they wouldn’t have much traction?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They usually do OK on tile. Just pick one that doesn't have a glossy or slippery finish. It should have a bit of friction if you run your finger on it. The hard surface can be tough on their feet sometimes and doesn't allow for burrowing though. I've found that putting some small fleece blankets or fleece scraps down on part of the tank (usually near their favorite hide/sleeping place) it helps give some relief from the hard surface and they can dig in. The fleece is pretty easy to clean in the washer/dryer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom