Getting frustrated with UVB. Help! ☹️

Status
Not open for further replies.
94487-9725761627.jpg
94487-2596287839.jpg
94487-478077070.jpg
94487-8449135515.jpg

So a little while ago, I asked for advice on what type of light fixture to get and just set up all together. Someone suggested a 22” HO t5 fixture. There were great reviews about it as well. My tank is 36” long & my fixture is 22”. I need suggestions on how and where to place it. I took my lid off because I also bought 2 of the lamp stands for my basking bulb & ceramic heat emitter. I thought about taking out the foam background and using the double sided Velcro, but I figured that would defeat the purpose of this specific light though since it’s basically a reflector on it’s own. My fiancé used thick wire to hang it from one of the very top of one of the stands, but it looks silly. I have no idea what to do & I feel like a terrible beardie mother. I bought all this stuff for her trying to make her happier and I feel like I’m failing miserably. I need help; please & thank you!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I removed the rock foam background & put it on the outside. The Acadia bulb is good, is there a fixture for it ?
Is that a Exoterra tank ? I believe the 22" bulb will be perfect for that enclosure.

Haleymperez93

Original Poster
Terry15":pxxujhip said:
I removed the rock foam background & put it on the outside. The Acadia bulb is good, is there a fixture for it ?
Is that a Exoterra tank ? I believe the 22" bulb will be perfect for that enclosure.

Good idea! I might just do that till I can find a good background that will work for this tank. & yes it’s the exoterra. & yes for the fixture. I bought it and got the bulb with the fixture. I just have no idea what to do with it. It’s just hanging right now. It’s shiny on the inside to help reflect the light, so I feel like using Velcro on the back of tank would be pointless since it would be facing forward and not down.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have that tank too. I use the 36'' fixture sitting on top but if I had to do it over I'd use the 22. That Arcadia bulb is amazing. I'm still getting excellent UVB output at over 3 years of use (!) The screen blocks a ton of light because it's so fine so I leave it off too. I would build a cross brace for the center or use the half circle locks and run a wire across the center that you can rest the fixture on. The Arcadia from LYR has a power cord on the side and it rests over the side of the tank really nicely so you can do that and then just give the other side something to rest on. I like to keep it forward so over the quadrant basking side near the doors. That way it will create a strong basking area and a gradient toward the back. I also removed the foam background long ago so there would be more room in the tank. It also takes away a good hiding spot for bugs which like to get into the wire channels. I replaced that with a printed to size photo along the outside of the glass that displays their natural habitat (part of it) outside of Adelaide.

76248-8383156387.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom