Front opening enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

tee1172

I'm looking for a front opening enclosure for my beardie. I was looking at the exo terra, 36lx18wx18h. Is this too small? I wanted front opening because I'm short and I don't need to pick the lights. Any other suggestions if this is too small. Please help I want a nice enclosure for him

Savora

Hatchling Member
Hi! There are definitely some people who use that Exo Terra tank for their adult beardies. However, there's also Animal Plastics, who makes cages with more floor space for the same price as the Exo Terras.

Their Terrestrial Cage T8 has a 4ft x 2ft floor space: http://www.apcages.com/home/

Good luck with your beardie!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
The Exo terra enclosure is great. I have the one that is 36L X 18"W X 24" tall. That way you can have different levels for basking & hiding. It's so nice not to move lights or fixtures. I probably open the doors 50 times a day, to feed him let him out to run around, give him water from the plastic eye dropper, put him to bed, clean his cage, etc.....

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have that enclosure and find it to be a bit small for an adult. I compensate by providing a ton of time outside the tank to roam around the house (with basking lights set up). It's great to have the front opening doors but if I had to do it again I'd build my own about 4'x2-3'x4'. I leave the top off of my current enclosure so I can hang the lights above it and create some extra overhead room.

tee1172

Original Poster
Has anyone used the animal plastics cage or have a good picture of it in use? Are there any 4 ft long front opening cages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom