HELP--- HIgh Humidity at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all... Hope all the beardies are doing well. I am in NYC, and its been raining on and off for the last few days. The humidity in both my beardies tanks are getting high during the night, any suggestions on how to keep it lower. I woke up this morning and both my beardies tanks wer at 60-70% humidity, its gotten lower during the day, Their hot side is at 100 and their cool side is at 80. I don't want them to get sick due to the high humidity at night. Any help is appreciated

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Humidity in the cage will go up as it cools, its just how it works. Double check your hygrometer (Google salt calibration) and make sure you have good airflow. Worth plenty of ventilation you should be fine. The only good way to lower it is with a room dehumidifier.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
60-70% humidity is fine .... I know people who have beardies who live in Far North Coastal Queensland where extreme heat and humidity are the rule in summer = the wet season/ cyclone season.
They are very successful with their beardies in the tropical climate.

I live on the north coast of New South Wales only a few km from the ocean (my climate is sub-tropical) and even with the aircon running 24/7 in summer , I rarely see relative humidities under 60% in summer inside my home. Again , this is fine.

summer relative humidities Australia wide
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/climate_averages/relative-humidity/index.jsp?maptype=1&period=dec

NW Queensland relative humidities
http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/cdio/cvg/av?p_stn_num=029141&p_prim_element_index=38&p_display_type=statGraph&period_of_avg=ALL&normals_years=allYearOfData&staticPage=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom