Best Terrarium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to upgrade Norton from his 40 gallon tank to a 75 gallon for Christmas! He is a little over a year now, and is due for an upgrade. However, I'm having trouble finding a tank that size for him? The big chain pet stores only have tanks that size for fish (I don't need a hood or a glass tank top obviously), and I haven't been able to find anything online that would come with the proper screen top for him. Does anybody know of any good websites or stores that are more geared toward larger tanks for only reptiles?

ruben0311

Juvie Member
you'd be better off getting one made, it'll run less expensive and will be able to get it exactly the size you want. If you are able to build it yourself there are tons of possibilities.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Are you open to purchasing a custom built tank? Or does it have to be glass with a screen top? Tetra makes a 75 gallon glass tank called the "deluxe reptohabitat" its the only glass Viv this size with front opening doors and a screen top that I have personally seen. I'm not 100% sure but I believe you can have it sent to your local petsmart and pick it up there. If your open to custom made tanks (like wooden, pvc and etc) there are many other options out there.

BrightStar

Hatchling Member
You could try http://www.bigappleherp.com/Big-Apple-Pro-Series-Granite-Acrylic-Cages?sc=2&category=31075

They offer a cage that comes in various sizes, and you can even have one custom made to the size you want if you don't see what you want on the site. I think all size cages are built to order, so there would be a wait for it to be made. I got mine from them, the wait was about 21 days. I can't comment too much on the actual cage, as we haven't set it up for Rygel yet so it's still in protective wrapping. But what I can see of it looks great.

MsCarter":2kzyp3u4 said:
Are you open to purchasing a custom built tank? Or does it have to be glass with a screen top? Tetra makes a 75 gallon glass tank called the "deluxe reptohabitat" its the only glass Viv this size with front opening doors and a screen top that I have personally seen. I'm not 100% sure but I believe you can have it sent to your local petsmart and pick it up there. If your open to custom made tanks (like wooden, pvc and etc) there are many other options out there.

Very helpful!!!

thank you !!!!

lisabagwell

newreptile":l21e7q5h said:
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to upgrade Norton from his 40 gallon tank to a 75 gallon for Christmas! He is a little over a year now, and is due for an upgrade. However, I'm having trouble finding a tank that size for him? The big chain pet stores only have tanks that size for fish (I don't need a hood or a glass tank top obviously), and I haven't been able to find anything online that would come with the proper screen top for him. Does anybody know of any good websites or stores that are more geared toward larger tanks for only reptiles?
Hello,

Have you found a good terrarium for your dragon?
Found a couple of reviews of the best terrariums online, but I am not sure about it... any thoughts? I am thinking of going with the no 1 on this top:https://bestreptilecare.com/bearded-dragon-habitat/

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
lisabagwell":2hwij6iu said:
newreptile":2hwij6iu said:
Hi Everyone!

Hello,

Have you found a good terrarium for your dragon?
Found a couple of reviews of the best terrariums online, but I am not sure about it... any thoughts? I am thinking of going with the no 1 on this top:https://bestreptilecare.com/bearded-dragon-habitat/
those are rubbish and all too small for an adult beardied dragon , see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=236462&p=1817571#p1817571

Any1217

I would recommend making your own to save money...! You can use old furniture lying around and adapt it to a beardie :)

MsCarter":26oi410b said:

thanks

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
This one I liked the best, slide the doors open & let him roam around. When they are ready for anything, they can wander back in.
83443-2965846681.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom