need help on the enclosure! Any and all advice us great

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 2 dragons from petstore and have been working with my lighting, i have a solar glo 125w all in one basking bulb and a zoo med 10.0 uvb. Here is pictures any advice would me great. I cant find a way to add the tube light inside and hang from the inside.
88894-5198983797.jpg
88894-5452412297.jpg

quyllur

Hatchling Member
Solar Glo is a MVB bulb, which means it emits the UVB along with light and heat. You don't need both lights.

Also, it is not recommended to house two dragons in a single enclosure. As they grow one will out compete the other for resources (food, light heat) and they may become aggressive towards each other. Bearded Dragons are solitary creatures and like having their own territory.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
In the event that you do go with the tube type (which I highly recommend) you can use electrical zip ties to hold it under the screen top by making 4 holes just big enough to get the ties through. Make a loop around the fixture and tighten them up, all done.

As stated above they are very territorial and will not live together in harmony.

quyllur

Hatchling Member
But on the plus side, all you need is a halogen flood lamp and fixture to combine with your tube UVB and you'll have appropriate lighting for two enclosures.

I'd look for something you can purchase used on craigslist or the like. Lots of times people sell cracked or leaky aquariums for cheap or free, perfect for a dragon since it doesn't need to hold water. Just make sure you get a 40B or larger or you'll just have to replace it as your dragon grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom