New Setup, Advice requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballanor

Hello,
I am brand new to the site and brand new to bearded dragon care.

We just got a bearded dragon and bought a 20 gallon tank from the store. Measurements are 24"L x 13"W x 17.1"H

I have a 75w bulb with temps around 110-115 right at the basking spot, surrounding areas on the branch are like 105ish. around 6" from the bulb, and the UVB is about 5" from the spot right underneath it. I am not sure if its too hot in the tank because around the rock/hide its like 90-92, on the very bottom near the substrate is around 86-88. Also not sure if the UVB is too close to the basking spot, I don't want it to get too much UVB as I heard that could be bad

I am using an IR temperature gauge for accurate readings.

here is a picture of my setup

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aTWe4OGao5uT--D1bXm-cpiDyQcZpj5LeQ

Also not sure if its too crowded. I want to eventually move to a bigger tank when he grows. The food bowl is used for dubia roaches and phoenix worms. On the other side of the rock is an entrance for him to hide inside if he wants...although I have yet to see him go in it yet lol. He doesn't sleep in it either, usually just sleeps on the other side of the log.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! So happy to have this little guy. His name is Wally West, AKA the flash =)

kalibar12

From what I've read most people say for a baby the basking spot should be 105-110 and 80-85 on the cool side so your tank might be a little too hot. Also I think most people don't recommend most uvb bulbs like that and instead suggest either an Arcadia 12% or reptisun 10.0 either t5 HO or t8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom