Is Fir wood safe to build a Bearded Dragon habitat with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slm0729

I know that cedars and pines are toxic to Bearded Dragons, but I cannot find anything anywhere to indicate fir wood is or is not safe. Would anyone happen to know?

I have my eye on a specific rabbit hutch that would make an excellent platform for our beardie's new habitat, but I don't want to put him in anything that could harm him.

This is the specific one I am considering:
SmithBuilt 48 in. Wooden Two Story Rabbit Hutch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QQWLJJW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_lHPQwbD8MFHZ0

Pros/cons?

Ed707

Hatchling Member
Wow that looks really awsome! For $109 it's defiantly a steal! I haven't heard anything about fir being bad for them just pine and cedar and really sappy trees because the sap will heat up and be toxic I believe but I'm no expert. What's the dimensions on that enclosure? I'm jealous because I spent alot more money building mine lol. Like that it has 2 floors, top and bottom and a built in hide already will make it nice for a heat gradient. I'd def buy it!

slm0729

Original Poster
I know, I'm really excited about it!!

It lists the dimensions as Overall dimensions: 48" long, 19.5" wide, 33.5" high with roof closed; Run: 42.5" long, 15.75" wide, 16.25" high (approximately 4.7 square feet); Living Quarters: 26.5" long, 15.75" wide, 15.5" high; Living Sleeping Quarters: 16.5" long, 15.75" wide, 15.5" high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom