Inside Tank UVB Mounting Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

Ok, so call me a *****, but I'm having trouble coming up with a practical way to install my UVB strip light inside my beardie's cage the fixture is the desert slimline 50. I plan on upgrading tanks to a 40 in a few months but here isy setup for now. 29 gallon aquarium, wire top, heat lamp, 18" desert 50 fixture on top of screen. I fail to see a practical way to install this undery screen top. How would I attach it? Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The slimline fixture (at least the one I have) has two holes in the back. If you put some command hooks (the metal ones with sticky part on back) on the back wall of the tank you can set the hooks into the holes and it will shine downward over the basking area.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I got the wire hook set at Target. They are able to hold the fixture but are rated at only .5lb each (so 1lb for two) and the fixture with bulb is about a pound and a half so it's not ideal but they definitely fit the fixture. The small plastic hooks are rated at 1lb each so that's enough but I'm not sure if they're too thick to fit in the holes on the back. Pretty cheap at a local target/walmart/home depot etc so it's worth a shot. Here's an online link to what I'm talking about http://www.homedepot.com/p/Command-1-lb-2-1-4-in-White-Small-Plastic-Hooks-17002ES/100353651

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom