Gertie's New Digs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajsnow6234

Juvie Member
Hit up the Black Friday deal for the large Exo Terra enclosure and quickly got it set up for our new girl, Gertie. I'm very happy with where it's at now, but as we all know...it's never "done". Please forgive the mess of cables under the desk, need to get to organizing those tonight...just wanted to show the timer surge protector.

ZpkXiEr.jpg

fTd6IeP.jpg

rvVDOQ9.jpg

axPNhPX.jpg

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Looks beautiful, your dragon must be a baby, he looks so small in that big tank. Keep taking lots of pictures, before you know it , he'll be taking up more space. I'm glad you got the good deal.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That does look quite nice. You may want to move the UVB tube over to the basking side to provide a UVB gradient along with heat gradient. You may also find that bugs like to hide behind the foam and it takes up space. If you start to have issues it's OK to remove it. Here's how I had mine set up for reference

76248-6015069620.jpg

ajsnow6234

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3s9fkp8a said:
That does look quite nice. You may want to move the UVB tube over to the basking side to provide a UVB gradient along with heat gradient.

That's actually a PowerSun MVB, plenty of UVB in the basking area...about 12 inches from the bulb...perfect.

I don't feed crickets inside the enclosure, they are too good at hiding. I'll feed worms in the deep bowl that they cannot escape from, otherwise crickets will be fed in a large rubbermaid.

Glad you like it!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I put the rock wall behind the tank so that he does not climb it and eat styrofoam pieces. Mystic really wanted to climb it and leaped off his log, only to find out he leaped I onto glass. Better that they don't eat styrofoam.

ajsnow6234

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I'm thinking of taking it out or finding a way to make it unclimbable. I like the depth that it adds inside the tank...but not if she's climbing up and basking too close to the bulb.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
The rock wall looks good inside the tank, but if they start climbing it, little pieces of styrofoam will break off, and they may eat it. Be safe, he is stil young. They have some magnetic rocks on Amazon that may work for him. Maybe you can make your own, that may work out better. Their health is most important.

ajsnow6234

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'll monitor it closely, if bits fall of or if she is nibbling at it...i'll take care of it. Might find some way to seal it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom