Beardie basking spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edoggwir

Hi guys! Just got my first beardie and am trying to figure out the best way to measure her basking spot temperature. I have a digital suction cup mount thermometer right now but if I just stick it to the glass next to her basking spot it reads a lot lower than if I put it on her basking spot completely. Any advice would be great!! Just wanna make sure she is comfortable and digesting her food properly, and she is a 3 and a half month old juvenile :) thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! You'll want to get a digital thermometer with a probe that you can put right on the basking spot or a temp gun. This way you can get an accurate surface reading which is what you want to use to adjust your lighting. I like using temp guns because you can get instant readings all over the tank rather than having to wait 45 min and keep moving the probe to different areas. Something like this will work well http://www.amazon.com/Nubee-Temperature-Non-contact-Infrared-Thermometer/dp/B00CVHIJDK

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah that's fine. I used a wooden basking log and it reads the surface temp without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom