55 gallon tank and uvb lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickshot

Hatchling Member
Long time, no post!

We're building a tank setup for my son to get his first beardie, and I need some help with lighting. We've never had a tank this large before, and I want to get proper lighting set up before we get him his beardie (oh, who am I kidding, this beardie' just as much for me).

What size Reptisun should I get? Seeing as how the tank is about 4 feet long, should we provide several basking spots?

We're going to order our little guy from A1 in late November/early December so that we'll have him for Christmas. He'll be here at least a few weeks to get acclimated before we him to our son for Christmas.

KRayne

Hatchling Member
The UVB should span at least half the tank. My tank is 4ft long and I have only one heat basking spot and it's right beside my UVB basking spot which is in the centre of the tank. On the cool side I have an energy saver coil bulb for extra visual light, but it doesn't raise the temperature.
Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom