which of these is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbbrown

Hatchling Member
We received a T5 light fixture we removed the plastic and are switching from an mvb bulb. We just don't know which is best to use. I looked up three brands: arcadia 6.5 i figure get two they are for about 28 dollars. Reptisun 10.0 HO 34 inch bulbs local pet store sells for 32. or should i still with mvb bulbs

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I ordered the T5 HO hood and bulb, being delivered tomorrow. I'm hoping Mystic perks up with the UVB light, 34". He's hiding in his log cave now.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
cbbrown":15c4qi7w said:
We received a T5 light fixture we removed the plastic and are switching from an mvb bulb. We just don't know which is best to use. I looked up three brands: arcadia 6.5 i figure get two they are for about 28 dollars. Reptisun 10.0 HO 34 inch bulbs local pet store sells for 32. or should i still with mvb bulbs
What is your enclosure like

cbbrown

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Its a 55 gallon with a screen on top, he has basking rocks which also has a hide in the middle of it. His food bowl is on the cool side. I checked his temps yesterday but not today since yesterday he was acting strange but seems fine today. 108 basking, 92 on the hot side and 82 on the cool side. i know the cool side is a little warm.

cbbrown

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so should i stick with mvb? i just worry so much because we have gone through several light fixtures and i think the mvb doesn't cover the whole enclosure.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Sorry I didn't see this before now

MVB bulbs are fine but they do not cover the whole enclosure, correct. Depending on the brand they have different sized exposure areas, some are more focused than others.

It's not necessary to cover the whole enclosure with an MVB or T5. Just the basking area is fine. The bulbs as stronger and follow a more "patch of sun" like you'd see in nature. If you choose a T5 a 22" would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom