Thermometer & Hygrometers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I've read on here that the cheaper dial type of thermometer/hygrometer is pretty unreliable and can be off a good 10-20 degrees, so I'm wanting to replace the one that I currently have (Zoo Med Analog Combo Temp & Humidity Gauge) with the one shown in the link below. Can anyone let me know if this is a good digital thermometer to buy?

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Zillahygro.html

onceblue

Hatchling Member
I have that one and a temp gun. The Zilla themometer is accurate and works just fine, but you can get a cheaper digital thermomater with probe that will accomplish the same results (although that price on the website IS cheaper than what I paid at Petco).

Also, for cheaper, you can get a temperature gun which will be SO much more convenient. I believe mine was $15. I got it at Lowes. It's really annoying to have to place the probes on the basking spot, wait for them to heat up, risk having them fall off before they're warmed up (which happens on my branch all the time), etc.

My personal recommendation is to get a temp gun to measure temps instantly and a cheaper hydrometer for humidity measurements.

TrebleClef

Original Poster
Thank you so much onceblue! I appreciate the feedback. I think I'll do as you suggested and find a temp gun and get a separate hygrometer. I'll probably get it on Amazon since I'm a Prime member and get free shipping on all Prime items.

onceblue

Hatchling Member
Glad to help! I really think that's the way to go. You'll find that the temp gun is super convenient, and you can measure each side of the tank instantly without having to wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom